Impress your friends at parties with these WEIRD but totally grammatically correct sentences.
Even better, learn how they work and get a better insight into advanced English grammar and vocabulary.
Can you understand these sentences:
“Put a bigger space between giraffe and and and and and avocado”?
“Peter, where Paul had had had, had had had had, ‘had had’ had pleased the teacher more.”?
“Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.”?
Well, but the end of this episode, you will!
Download the show notes (PDF).
- Podcast Episode 8 – Grice’s Maxims: An interview with Ali Uygur Erol
- Podcast Episode 1 – Say vs Tell … What’s the difference?
- Podcast Episode 2 – Buffalo buffalo
- Podcast Episode 3 – What on Earth is an ergative verb?
- Podcast Episode 4 – Interview with Hugh Dellar – “One phrase at a time”
- Podcast Episode 5 – Cambridge Cambridge Cambridge
- Podcast Episode 6 – The English Verb
- Podcast Episode 9 – Enjoy studying again with the Self-Study Menu
- Podcast Episode 13 – Tips From A Polyglot – Interview With Lindsay From Lindsay Does Languages
- Podcast Episode 15 – English Articles and the Stock Market Dance
- Podcast Episode 10 – Interview with Christian from Canguro English – The paint is still wet
- Podcast Episode 7 – How to Sound Smart (and Witty) in English
- Podcast Episode 11 – Three Things That Surprised Me About the UK
- Podcast Episode 12 – How Not to Die in an English Conversation
- Podcast Episode 14 – Teaching English Through Storytelling – An Interview With Ariel Goodbody
- Podcast Episode 16 – Does Business English really exist? – An interview with Shanthi Cumaraswamy Streat