Impress your friends at parties with these WEIRD but totally grammatically correct sentences.
Even better, learn how they work and get a better insight into advanced English grammar and vocabulary.
Can you understand these sentences:
“Put a bigger space between giraffe and and and and and avocado”?
“Peter, where Paul had had had, had had had had, ‘had had’ had pleased the teacher more.”?
“Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.”?
Well, but the end of this episode, you will!
Download the show notes (PDF).
- Podcast Episode 8 – Grice’s Maxims: An interview with Ali Uygur Erol
- Podcast Episode 1 – Say vs Tell … What’s the difference?
- Podcast Episode 2 – Buffalo buffalo
- Podcast Episode 3 – What on Earth is an ergative verb?
- Podcast Episode 4 – Interview with Hugh Dellar – “One phrase at a time”
- Podcast Episode 5 – Cambridge Cambridge Cambridge
- Podcast Episode 6 – The English Verb
- Podcast Episode 7 – How to Sound Smart (and Witty) in English