Some places can definitely surprise you.
And Cambridge was no exception for me.
In this podcast I describe my experience going to Cambridge for the first time and why it was such a strange place.
You get the chance to hear 25 advanced, everyday English phrases in their natural context.
Download the show notes (PDF).
- Podcast Episode 8 – Grice’s Maxims: An interview with Ali Uygur Erol
- Podcast Episode 1 – Say vs Tell … What’s the difference?
- Podcast Episode 2 – Buffalo buffalo
- Podcast Episode 3 – What on Earth is an ergative verb?
- Podcast Episode 4 – Interview with Hugh Dellar – “One phrase at a time”
- Podcast Episode 5 – Cambridge Cambridge Cambridge
- Podcast Episode 6 – The English Verb
- Podcast Episode 7 – How to Sound Smart (and Witty) in English