A fascinating conversation with the wonderfully engaging and enthusiastic Ariel Goodbody, teaching expert and presenter of the Easy Stories in English podcast.
In this interview, we talk about:
- how Ariel started Easy Stories in English;
- Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling (TPRS);
- how to teach phrases rather than grammar;
- how TPRS has a lot in common with Dogme and lexical learning;
- how the word for “school” was the same word as “game,” and how this should inform our teaching;
- why storytelling is beneficial to learning;
- how to use stories to help business English students;
- two tips for English teachers.
If you’re interested in new and interesting ways of developing your teaching, then this is definitely the interview for you!
Resources from the podcast:
- Podcast Episode 8 – Grice’s Maxims: An interview with Ali Uygur Erol
- Podcast Episode 1 – Say vs Tell … What’s the difference?
- Podcast Episode 2 – Buffalo buffalo
- Podcast Episode 3 – What on Earth is an ergative verb?
- Podcast Episode 4 – Interview with Hugh Dellar – “One phrase at a time”
- Podcast Episode 5 – Cambridge Cambridge Cambridge
- Podcast Episode 6 – The English Verb
- Podcast Episode 9 – Enjoy studying again with the Self-Study Menu
- Podcast Episode 13 – Tips From A Polyglot – Interview With Lindsay From Lindsay Does Languages
- Podcast Episode 10 – Interview with Christian from Canguro English – The paint is still wet
- Podcast Episode 7 – How to Sound Smart (and Witty) in English
- Podcast Episode 11 – Three Things That Surprised Me About the UK
- Podcast Episode 12 – How Not to Die in an English Conversation
- Podcast Episode 14 – Teaching English Through Storytelling – An Interview With Ariel Goodbody