In this episode, I chat with Christian Saunders from Canguro English about language teaching methods, including:
– Some obscure methods from the 19th century,
– Superstitious pigeons (no, really),
– The problem with testing and why we should burn the exams,
– Whether Dogme is a problem without a solution,
– What we can learn from the ancient Greeks,
… and much, much more.
I really enjoyed this chat, and I hope you do, too.
- Podcast Episode 8 – Grice’s Maxims: An interview with Ali Uygur Erol
- Podcast Episode 1 – Say vs Tell … What’s the difference?
- Podcast Episode 2 – Buffalo buffalo
- Podcast Episode 3 – What on Earth is an ergative verb?
- Podcast Episode 4 – Interview with Hugh Dellar – “One phrase at a time”
- Podcast Episode 5 – Cambridge Cambridge Cambridge
- Podcast Episode 6 – The English Verb
- Podcast Episode 9 – Enjoy studying again with the Self-Study Menu
- Podcast Episode 10 – Interview with Christian from Canguro English – The paint is still wet
- Podcast Episode 7 – How to Sound Smart (and Witty) in English
- Podcast Episode 11 – Three Things That Surprised Me About the UK
- Podcast Episode 12 – How Not to Die in an English Conversation