What is the point of Business English?
What is Business English?
Does it even exist?
In this fascinating chat with Shanthi Cumaraswamy Streat, you can find out …
- why “removing the language” can make you better at communicating in a business setting;
- how a quick pause can make you a stronger communicator;
- how to deal with small talk (especially if you’re an introvert);
- why learning a language is like cutting grass;
- how reflecting on your “first language personality” can take the pressure off speaking in English;
- how to forget Business English and think in terms of Business Communication;
- 3 tips for newbie teachers;
- 4 questions to ask yourself if you’re learning English;
- how to stop worrying about “not having enough English”;
- how to listen to understand, not listen to reply.
- Podcast Episode 8 – Grice’s Maxims: An interview with Ali Uygur Erol
- Podcast Episode 1 – Say vs Tell … What’s the difference?
- Podcast Episode 2 – Buffalo buffalo
- Podcast Episode 3 – What on Earth is an ergative verb?
- Podcast Episode 4 – Interview with Hugh Dellar – “One phrase at a time”
- Podcast Episode 5 – Cambridge Cambridge Cambridge
- Podcast Episode 6 – The English Verb
- Podcast Episode 9 – Enjoy studying again with the Self-Study Menu
- Podcast Episode 13 – Tips From A Polyglot – Interview With Lindsay From Lindsay Does Languages
- Podcast Episode 15 – English Articles and the Stock Market Dance
- Podcast Episode 10 – Interview with Christian from Canguro English – The paint is still wet
- Podcast Episode 7 – How to Sound Smart (and Witty) in English
- Podcast Episode 11 – Three Things That Surprised Me About the UK
- Podcast Episode 12 – How Not to Die in an English Conversation
- Podcast Episode 14 – Teaching English Through Storytelling – An Interview With Ariel Goodbody
- Podcast Episode 17 – Don’t destroy the universe! Word order in English
- Podcast Episode 16 – Does Business English really exist? – An interview with Shanthi Cumaraswamy Streat