Sometimes, your own culture can surprise you.
After a couple of years away from the UK, I got some serious culture shock when I came back to visit.
Pick up some advanced English phrases from the story of my trip.
This is a full English listening lesson with phrases to download (link below), descriptions of the phrases and the opportunity to listen to the story twice — the first time nice and slow and the second time faster and more natural.
Good luck and, most importantly … enjoy the story!
- Podcast Episode 8 – Grice’s Maxims: An interview with Ali Uygur Erol
- Podcast Episode 1 – Say vs Tell … What’s the difference?
- Podcast Episode 2 – Buffalo buffalo
- Podcast Episode 3 – What on Earth is an ergative verb?
- Podcast Episode 4 – Interview with Hugh Dellar – “One phrase at a time”
- Podcast Episode 5 – Cambridge Cambridge Cambridge
- Podcast Episode 6 – The English Verb
- Podcast Episode 9 – Enjoy studying again with the Self-Study Menu
- Podcast Episode 13 – Tips From A Polyglot – Interview With Lindsay From Lindsay Does Languages
- Podcast Episode 15 – English Articles and the Stock Market Dance
- Podcast Episode 10 – Interview with Christian from Canguro English – The paint is still wet
- Podcast Episode 7 – How to Sound Smart (and Witty) in English
- Podcast Episode 11 – Three Things That Surprised Me About the UK
- Podcast Episode 12 – How Not to Die in an English Conversation
- Podcast Episode 14 – Teaching English Through Storytelling – An Interview With Ariel Goodbody
- Podcast Episode 16 – Does Business English really exist? – An interview with Shanthi Cumaraswamy Streat